Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally changed my phone tariff

Muzzie1878
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I ordered a new sim for a mobile hotspot device, and when I was ordering the device I didn't select 'get a new phone number' meaning that it has changed my phone tariff now. I used to have a 90GB contract with unlimited minutes/texts, and now I have a 30-day contract for 100GB with no calls and 16 text messages. 

I've called O2 on 202 twice today and I've been told both times that they would cancel the 30-day tariff and get me back on to my old tariff of 90GB, but I couldn't really understand the advisor as they were saying something about a form or something as it had already been shipped in the mail. 

What is my best steps now? I've been on hold with 202 now for 30mins and no answer, and I'm going on a trip next week meaning I really need my old plan back ASAP. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

Muzzie1878
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had three seperate people from O2 now on the 202 number saying that they are going to cancel the new tariff and that it'd switch back to my old one, but nothing is happening. I cant make any calls either, and I'm limited to 16 text messages. I'm currently battling with getting in contact with work now and I have no way of getting in contact with my elderly auntie who I care for. I've told the advisors this, and it's obviously not speeding up any of the process (I don't even think they're doing anything to be perfectly honest with you). What should I do?

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8132 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

@Muzzie1878  as @jonsie has stated this forum is made up of customers only, so we can't really suggest much more than persisting with O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4