Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Suddenly Blacklisted my IMEI

FBub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have original proof of purchase and the phone is nothing related to O2, I have been using this for 6 months with SIM free plan with a year contract in O2,

Suddenly on Monday SIM 1 Not allowed error came, I thought it's some mast problem but did not get resolved,

Went to O2 store and they gave replacement SIM which did not work as well,

After that spend few pounds to check if the IMEI is black listed after lot of googling and there it was O2 black listed my phone ( What the hell )

Called them and they said they will fill up a form and get it unbarred but no progress.

I applied for a ESim but that is driving me crazy, still the SIM is not activated ( Is Sat and Sun day off for activation )

Almost a week with our a phone. I really want to end this contract.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@FBub 

Switching to an esim nor leaving will fix the issue.

You need to persevere with O2 to release the bar.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

FBub
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Should I just keep on calling them, now no one can call me GP and Job appointment all impacted. It's causing emotional pain 

Message 3 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

From where did you buy the phone? Was it new?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 13

TallTrees
Level 51: Absolutely Fabulous 
  • 11274 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi there so sorry yo hear your difficulties @FBub 

Seems you need to keep contacting o2 customer services 

Here are few ways you could try GOOD LUCK  hope all works out soonest 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 

4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 13

FBub
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From Argos and I have proof of purchase.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@FBub wrote:

Should I just keep on calling them, now no one can call me GP and Job appointment all impacted. It's causing emotional pain 

@FBub 

All different ways to contact O2 in the guide I posted above.

No sim from anywhere will work until O2 unbar it.

You can use Skype to call until it's sorted or WhatsApp over wifi.

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Fine. 

This is not the first time they have done this.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

A mistype by someone in a foreign call centre with a poor command of the English language, no doubt.

Someone who has genuinely reported a loss hasn't got their phone barred so could be facing large bills too.

Message 9 of 13

FBub
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems it's hopeless with O2 anyone here can help at all on this ?

Message 10 of 13