Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

David9April
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Saturday I had the misfortune of dropping my phone. This resulted in my screen being damaged/ smashed. I visited a O2 store on the Sunday and was put in contact with the insurance department.

Long story short after paying insurance on my device for over 2 years the best outcome was send the phone in and get it replaced. Nobody seemed to be concerned that all my data and personal information on the device would be lost. This all after the staff member in store accused me of neglect and misuse of my phone.

After spending a total of 45minutes on the phone to the insurance department I hung up because I was going to be transferred for the 6th time. In my line of work customer service is pinnacle to the organisations success but this is beyond a disgrace. I will be taking my service elsewhere as this is not acceptable.

Why the screen could not just be repaired only you will know. I have had to seek external help at my expense to repair my phone. Which brings me to the question of how are you going to compensate me for the cost incurred??? Plus with your claim procedure being non existent and one of the most difficult processes to navigate I would also Ike to know how you going to deal with claims going forward.

I await your response.

David April 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24065 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@David9April This is not O2. This is a customer community. 

If you want to lodge a formal complaint, see this: How to Complain | Help | O2

We understand it's taking O2 around 8 weeks to respond to a complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8103 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

We are all customers here so nobody from O2 is going to read your post. Sending the phone back for repair is standard procedure with phone insurance. As to losing what is on the phone both Apple and Android have perfectly adequate back up procedures that I would advise everyone to use.

You didn't like what was on offer and went elsewhere, which was your perogative, but I doubt you will get any compensation when a service was on offer.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3