Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership Issues for 3 Weeks

JoshJM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am beginning to regret taking out another contract with O2, rather than getting a PAC code and moving elsewhere.

Almost 3 weeks ago (10/07/23) I took out a new phone contract in my own name. I have had an O2 number under my father's account for a number of years now, a number which I have owned for over 10 years across a number of networks. 

I was told by staff in the O2 store that a change in ownership would be easily sorted over the phone provided both of us were present for the call to verify our permission for the change to happen. Once this call was made, we were promised that the transfer would happen in the next 24 hours.

I have called numerous times following this on the 12th, 14th, 17th (Web chat) and 24th due to this transfer not occurring, with the assurance that every time I called, the problem would be fixed and no further calls would be needed. My father and I have also called from his phone to try and see if the problem can be solved from his account.

To make matters worse, due to the phones being on different types of contract, I have been passed between the legacy department and 360 team numerous times during each one of these calls. Many of these transfers have been completed without the operator giving a handover to the other team, which has resulted in me needing to provide the full history of my problem again. 

I was informed at one point that my old number was disconnected when removed from my fathers account, and that it had not been reconnected as it should have been. I was contacted by the O2 team on Tuesday (25/07) to confirm re-connection of the number. Following this I was transferred to another team, where I completed my third transfer of ownership form and promised that the transfer will have been completed by 1900 on Thursday (27/07). This has not yet happened.

I am beginning to lose faith that this number is actually going to make it to my new account. This is extremely frustrating as all my 2-step authentication, account details and work contacts have that as my listed number.

If anyone can suggest another angle to approach this from that might lead to resolution I would be very appreciative, as it feels that I am fed through the same script with each call I make.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149948 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@JoshJM 

It looks like your only choice now is an official complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Dan_Buggins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This exactly the problem I have and road I'm currently going down at the moment! It's so frustrating,  Did you get it resolved in the end?

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9663 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Dan_Buggins 

Tagging post post onto the end of a very old thread is the best way to get ignored on this forum. 

Could I suggest that you start a new thread and clearly articulate what your problem or issue is ? 

In the meantime, this Guide: Migration & porting into O2  might help you. 

Message 4 of 4