Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch to sharer tarriff

Nchaundy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently upgraded to an iPhone X with 20gb+10gb free tarriff.. I want to move to a sharer tarriff and share data with my family.. wanted to know if I can move or if I have to wait until contract is up?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149941 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If the account wasn’t set up at the start as a sharer plan and made lead device, you will have to wait until contract is up for renewal I’m afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @Nchaundy Have a look at this for advice https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

For instance

Sharer plans are Pay Monthly tariffs that allow the data allowance from one device to be shared with another. For example, if you have two O2 Pay Monthly mobiles in your family, and one is on an O2 Refresh tariff the data can be shared with the second phone. You just need to switch it to a sharer plan tariff once it's out of contract.

Your lead device can share its data allowance with up to nine others devices, either mobiles, tablets or sims. Extra devices can be added to your sharer plan at any time. And you can have more than one lead device too.

All mobiles or tablets using a shared data allowance need to be on one of our Pay Monthly contracts – sharer plans are not available for Pay As You Go or Business devices.

To track how much of your data allowance each device is using in My O2.

If you have any other questions about this you need to speak to customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 149941 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If the account wasn’t set up at the start as a sharer plan and made lead device, you will have to wait until contract is up for renewal I’m afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149941 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Just to add, it will say in your MyO2 if it can share data.

share.PNG

shared.PNG

Message 4 of 7

jade8384
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2screenshot.jpg

I have been trying to set this up for about 2 hours now and getting nowhere! This is what im getting on the 'devices that can share' page, so not like the one you posted!

Does that mean that i am not able to set it up up or that it is already set up? im confused as i thought i was the main account holder with the refresh tariff!

thanks in advance

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @jade8384 This is the latest info on Sharer Tariffs.

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

"Sharer plans are Pay Monthly tariffs that allow the data allowance from one device to be shared with another. For example, if you have two O2 Pay Monthly mobiles in your family, and one is on an O2 Refresh tariff the data can be shared with the second phone. You just need to switch it to a sharer plan tariff once it's out of contract.

Your lead device can share its data allowance with up to nine others devices, either mobiles, tablets or sims. Extra devices can be added to your sharer plan at any time. And you can have more than one lead device too.

All mobiles or tablets using a shared data allowance need to be on one of our Pay Monthly contracts – sharer plans are not available for Pay As You Go or Business devices.

To track how much of your data allowance each device is using in My O2.

Sharer plan devices can only be bought in an O2 store or by calling 0330 8800 908. If you already have two or more devices on O2, log into My O2 to see if you can switch to a sharer plan".

If you are having problems then contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 149941 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@jade8384 wrote:

o2screenshot.jpg

I have been trying to set this up for about 2 hours now and getting nowhere! This is what im getting on the 'devices that can share' page, so not like the one you posted!

Does that mean that i am not able to set it up up or that it is already set up? im confused as i thought i was the main account holder with the refresh tariff!

thanks in advance

It doesn’t look like you have a lead device setup. 

Message 7 of 7