Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained data usage

tomneedham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got an email saying I’d used 80% of my 30GB data usage before i started work. After work I got an email saying I’d used up all of it. I get regular breaks in my job and I am on my phone a lot in these breaks but not enough to warrant the remaining 20% of my data being used up in around 9 hours, what exactly is the cause of this? I’ve never had this happen before and surely background apps alone can’t use up 6GB of data in 9 hours? Is there a potential security issue with my phone? I’ve read before that hackers can run things on your phone which drains data. I have an iPhone 14 Pro if this is any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12682 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

iPhones used to have a setting where it would switch from WiFi to mobile data if it thought there was an issue or it detected a slow down @tomneedham so it might be worth checking that.

Also check to see which app(s) are using the data, and make sure the connection to your WiFi is ok.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38756 Posts
  • 242 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions